The Perfect Distraction

Duck the Halls - Donna Andrews Murder With Peacocks  - Donna Andrews

I've been hooked on Donna Andrews'  Meg Langslow series ever since I read the first one, Murder With Peacocks, years ago.  For the longest time, after the fourth book in the series, I was at a standstill.  The reason?  Publishers being stupid.  Although the complete series is available in ebook now, that wasn't the case just two years ago.  So I set out to finish all the current books in the series, and am very pleased to say they are all excellent reads.

We get to follow Meg and her large, eccentric, extended family from her return to her Virginia hometown, to her engagement and  wedding, to her adventures as the mother of twins.  Along the way there's always a body, usually showing up at the most inconvenient time and place.

With a lot of series, the fun ends once the characters get married, but not with this one. Ms. Andrews' skillful writing makes this series just as fresh and fun with Michael and the twins added as it was with just Meg.  There's not a dud in the bunch.  Highly recommended reading, especially if you've got something you want to get your mind off of.