Well, well, well...

Midnight Crossroad - Charlaine Harris Games Creatures Play - Charlaine Harris, Toni L.P. Kelner

I know a LOT of people weren't happy with the way that the Sookie Stackhouse series ended.  I was in a distinct minority on that one - I loved the ending and though it was just right.  Besides - it's not like we're living "Misery" -  it was Charlaine's creation, and she had the right to do whatever she liked with it.  But all that aside - I also know a lot of people were so mad about the way she ended Sookie that they didn't plan to read this new series.  Well I have two words for those people - READ IT.

There are a few mentions of old friends - Harper Connelly and Lily Bard - and if you read "Games Creatures Play"    you'll have already met Manfred Bernard, the main character in "Midnight Crossroad".  I'd LOVE to have a timeline for when that story took place in regards to when this book was set.  I also am dying to know who Marilyn is....but I digress.

I really enjoyed this book.  Of course, any time you combine mystery and a bit of the supernatural, I'm going to be all over it. But Charlaine is a master at that combination and she doesn't disappoint with this story.

There are still secrets to be uncovered in Midnight, Texas, though, and I am eagerly looking forward to the next two books (I think this is supposed to be a trilogy?)